Wednesdays, September 23 and 30 and
October 7, 14 and 21, 2020
7:15 – 8:45 pm (Central Daylight Time via Zoom)
Living with flow is the aim of both the Enneagram and the Tao Te Ching. Both of these wisdom traditions are designed to free us from fixated and conditioned personalities that keep us caught in limiting patterns and perspectives.
This course is a contemplative journey into 9 themes that converge when the 9 Enneagram types are aligned with ancient wisdom from the Tao Te Ching. Each theme is a spiritual pathway that illuminates ancient wisdom and speaks to our contemporary life-challenges. And, each theme invites us into the dynamic Enneagram that releases us from our constricted dominant type.
After an overview of the Enneagram, the Tao, and their inter-relatedness, the course will follow a contemplative process for each of the 9 themes that includes a presentation, silence for personal journaling, and then group reflections. We end the course by examining the spirituality that follows the flow of the inner lines and takes us into a wholeness that weaves together all 9 types.
Two books will guide us: Roaming Free Inside the Cage: A Daoist Approach to the Enneagram by William M. Schafer and A Path and a Practice: Using Lao-Tzu’s Tao Te Ching as a Guide to an Awakened Spiritual Life by William Martin. You are encouraged, but not required, to obtain and explore these books.
COST: $190.00 for the series.
This series will be held via Zoom and has a total contact time of 7.5 hours.
Online Course Expectations + Details:
- Register as individuals; if more than one person from your household is taking the course, ensure that you are participating in the course from separate devices.
- After registering and prior to the date of the start of this series, you will receive an email from Wisdom Ways with the Zoom link and other information, including access to a private webpage on the Wisdom Ways website that includes all course materials.
- Have the technology and internet connection that allow for stable video and audio connection through a computer or a hand-held device (e.g., tablet or smart phone).
- Each Zoom session will open 15 minutes prior to the start time so that any technological challenges can be addressed.
- Each Zoom session will include a facilitator from Wisdom Ways who will help navigate the small groups, and the questions and comments that are shared through the chat function.
Facilitator Scott McRae has been involved in spiritual work in various forms for over 30 years and feels like he’s just getting started. His professional journey has included parish and campus ministry, as well as spiritual care leadership in health care. A pastoral educator for M Health Fairview, a spiritual director, and an Enneagram teacher and coach, he also runs Sojourners Institute with his wife Melanie.