Mindful of the people swept up by mass migration, Wisdom Ways is exploring home: home gained, home lost, home recreated. We asked journalist and photographer Mike Kabeya Kazadi to interview more than a dozen Minnesotans of different ages, genders, cultures and life experiences. Drawing from a list of twelve questions shaped for this project, he asked about their experiences of home:
- When you think of the word home, what comes to mind?
- What feelings do you associate with home?
- How do you create home?
- Within your body, your spirituality, and in relationships?
- How has your meaning of home changed over time?
- When have you experienced loss of home?
- How have you experienced the grace of being or coming home?
- How has your understanding of home influenced your calling/your vocation?
- What rituals or traditions do you have related to home?
- How have you reinvented your idea of home?
- How has your sense of home informed your walk between different cultures?
- How do you relate to nature as home?
Ways to use the Exploring Home focus questions and reflections:
- Writing prompts
- Individual reflection and journaling
- Study groups and classes to focus discussion and reflection
- Inspiration for play about home
How have you engaged with these questions and with the meaning of home? Let us know at email@example.com