Tuesdays, January 5 – May 25, 2021
Tuesday evening meditation will continue to gather via Zoom this Winter/Spring.
Meditation together is a way of supporting our personal practice. Each session will include an opening prayer, a reading, and a 25-minute silent sitting meditation.
Those who have an existing meditation practice are welcome as well as those new to Christian Meditation (instructions available at each session).
Meditation will begin at 7pm, so please join the Zoom before that time. The waiting room will not be active after 7pm.
COST: Free. Registration not required.
“Prayer is sitting in silence until it silences us. . . ”
–Richard Rohr, O.F.M
Online Course Expectations + Details:
- No registration is necessary. You can find the link and password for each Zoom session below. The password, Meeting ID, and call-in information are the same for all sessions.
- Have the technology and internet connection that allow for stable video and audio connection through a computer or a hand-held device (e.g. tablet or smart phone).
- Each Zoom session will open 15 minutes prior to the start time and you will be let in from the waiting room approximately five minutes before 7:00 pm CST. Please plan to be on-time to honor this meditative practice. Meditation will begin at 7pm, so please join the Zoom before that time. The waiting room will not be active after 7pm.
- We encourage you to prepare a prayer space for these evenings.
- Zoom link for Tuesdays, January 5 – May 25, 2021, 7:00 – 7:40 pm CT
- Passcode: Meditation
If you do not have an internet connection, you are also able to join by phone:
Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington D.C)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 876 5741 1476
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbznFgandU
Deborah Chernick studies the history of Christian contemplative prayer and serves on the board of the Trust for the Meditation Process.
Susan Oeffling, CSJ, has master’s degrees in theology and counseling, and spiritual direction training from the Center for Spiritual Guidance.
Both have practiced meditation for many years and have participated in the World Community for Christian Meditation School of Meditation.
This Program’s Calendar Entries
Click on the day you’re interested in attending to access the “Add to Calendar” feature. Or if you plan on attending all these events, use the “Subscribe to filtered calendar” button at the bottom of this event list.