All of us who have been or hope to be fathers have a vision of how we want it to be. But the reality is often far different than we had hoped or expected. All we can know for certain is “as the twig is bent, so grows the tree.” And we often don’t know how we are bending that twig until the tree is grown.
In this Zoom workshop we will share some of our experiences with fatherhood, either as fathers ourselves or as the sons of fathers who influenced us, for good or for ill, with the choices they made.
Participants should reflect on the following questions and be prepared to speak for a few minutes on what their experience with fatherhood has taught them:
- What is the best choice you made as a father?
- What do you regret having done?
- What did you learn from your father, positively or negatively, that influenced the way you raised or hope to raise your children?
- Based on your experience as a father or a son, what single piece of advice would you give to a man about to become a father?
- What single value did you/do you most want to impart to your children?
Instructor: Kent Nerburn
This course will be held via Zoom. See program page for online course expectations and details.